I booked a one-way ticket to Mexico leaving June 18! I couldn't be more excited. But I have to admit I'm a little scared at the same time.
My main reasons for going:
1. To learn Spanish. (Unfortunately, I'm a complete beginner and this scares me more than anything else!)
2. To get the TEFL certification so I can teach English as a foreign language. This certificate will allow me to pretty much go anywhere in the world and be able to support myself while doing it. If you know anything about me, you know I'm all about going anywhere in the world.
3. The adventure of a lifetime. Three months in a foreign country excites me to my core. I'm going to see so much and learn so much. I hope I'm able to meet some good people while I'm at it!
Primary reasons I'm scared...
1. I don't know Spanish and I hardly ever want to talk to anyone in a foreign country if I don't know their language. I feel stupid. I know I need to get over it, but I can't help the way I feel.
2. I'm traveling alone all over Mexico. At least I hope to. I fly into BJX which is close to the city of Guanajuato. I plan to stay in Guanajauto three or four days and then jump on a bus to head to Guadalajara which will be my home until at least August 3.
3. I'm not sure where I will go after August 3, but I am pretty sure I am going to stay in Mexico until the end of August when I will fly to San Francisco, CA to start a fantastic cross country adventure with Christy.
I'll keep you posted!
Adventures in Foodland - I've made a couple of soups out of The Body Ecology Diet book and I have to say, so far, I'm very unimpressed. I made the Quinoa Hash for some guests recen...
9 years ago